- 50g butter, softened, plus extra for the moulds
- 25g toasted flaked almonds, chopped
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 25g self-raising flour
- 25g ground almonds
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream, to serve
- 50g dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp butter
- 125ml double cream
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp Disaronno (amaretto)
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Butter 2 x 150ml dariole moulds, scatter in the flaked almonds so they stick to the base and sides and put on a small baking tray. Beat the butter, sugar, egg, flour, ground almonds and cocoa powder together, then divide between the moulds. Bake for 20-25 mins until a skewer comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, for the sauce, melt all the ingredients in a small pan and keep warm.
- Carefully turn the cakes out of their moulds and sit on 2 plates (the same way up as they baked). Serve with vanilla ice cream, the hot chocolate sauce, espressos and a splash more Disaronno.